We make available resources that the Labour History Project, it’s members, and the wider public have created.
- Labour ArchivesThe Labour History Project does not collect or store labour-related archives. However we are happy to provide advice on who might best help with your collections, or which institutions might take them. Online guides Check out these helpful set of guides on the National Library website: Caring for your Collections Te Papa also has some … Read more
- Politics in a time of Crisis – 2020 AGMAt the 2020 AGM, the theme was ‘politics in a time of crisis’. A very fitting theme for a very odd time. Malcolm McKinnon, Cybèle Locke and Sam Orchard spoke.
- New Zealand Workers on Screen: Part 2 – Industrial Disputes and Trade Union HistoryRussell Campbell, Adjunct Professor of Film at VUW and LHP Treasurer has compiled this incredibly comprehensive list of films and TV programmes featuring New Zealanders at work. Some are available to view online on youtube.com and NZ on Screen, the rest can reviewed at the medialibrary at Nga Taonga Sound & Vision in Wellington (www.ngataonga.org.nz). … Read more
- New Zealand Workers On Screen: Part 1 – On the JobRussell Campbell, Adjunct Professor of Film at VUW and LHP Treasurer has compiled this incredibly comprehensive list of films and TV programmes featuring New Zealanders at work. Some are available to view online on youtube.com and NZ on Screen, the rest can reviewed at the media library at Nga Taonga Sound & Vision in Wellington … Read more
- Pete Lusk: You Don’t Scab & You Don’t Crawl: A Tribute to Bobby ClossPete Lusk, an LHP member in Westport, has kindly made his illustrated biography of West Coast miner Bobby Closs available to download.
- Another World is Possible Essay CompetitionIn 1913, Walter Nash ran an Essay competition with a prize of £5. 100 years later the Labour History project took this inspiration and in 2013 and 2015 ran an essay competition on the theme ‘Another World is Possible’. 2013 Another World Is Possible essay competition Mark Derby, organiser of the “Another World is Possible” … Read more
- Hazel Armstrong on Health and Safety – 2013 AGMAt the 2013 Labour History Project AGM Hazel Armstrong talked about Health and Safety.
- 1913 Great StrikeThe Labour History Project, and other organisations, marked the centenary of the 1913 great strike by creating resources to make the story and history more accessible. You can access a collection of high quality photos and documents from the 1913 strike. Peter Clayworth developed a walking tour of Wellington that took in significant sites from … Read more
- 1968 – Year of Revolution?In December 2008, the Labour History Project held a seminar to mark the 40th anniversary of 1968. Seminar Papers Donald Anderson’s review There was something in the air in 1968. A wave of revolt spread around the world. In France, workers and students famously almost brought down the government. Occupations, strikes, riots and mass protests … Read more